Sign In or Register

Hype Up Forums | One Piece

One Piece  

Garbo Optimus Transquility    12 October 2011 07:33 PM

Is anyone still following the One Piece anime here?

They’re skipping straight ahead with the canon as far as I can tell, there hasn’t been hardly any filler, which I was expecting.

It’s freaking badass, the ending of ep 516 got me so pumped, when the original One Piece theme started playing.

Damien Mind DEY Brap    20 October 2011 06:46 AM

I’ve never watche or read One Piece, but I’m currently wearing a One Piece hoodie.

Signature 

Himuro poop    14 December 2011 02:29 PM

manga > anime

anime’s pacing during Impel Down and War of the Best was atrocious. That said, the anime has been awesome in recent weeks.

Garbo Optimus Transquility    17 December 2011 07:57 PM

Well, I guess you were watching it one week at a time. I was watching it in bulk, so I had no real issues with the pacing. I was more blown away by the fact that there was no filler between the time jump.

Himuro poop    20 December 2011 04:53 PM

Yeah, I watch and read One Piece every week.

pikkon OG Uberman    18 February 2012 10:12 AM

I own a few funi volumes of the show and I liked what i saw, but to be honest the anime I’ve been following lately is Naruto Shippuden.

Signature 

Mike R

Garbo Optimus Transquility    15 March 2012 08:27 PM

Naruto has been better than decent in recent weeks, but it will never compare to One Piece.

The key difference is that shows like Naruto and Bleach typically have really awful and uninteresting characters, so they rely a lot on the plot and certain plot elements (power levels, ninja techniques) to move it along. Naruto has been good recently thanks to very interesting story developments, but once the filler kicks in, you can’t wait to turn it off. The slapstick humor is pathetic.

One Piece on the other hand, has such an awesome cast that I literally can watch them do anything. It’s great that the story has been interesting for the last 270 or so eps (270ish was when Luffy first unveiled Gear Second, in his flight with Blueno at Ennies Lobby. ... Yeah, it was half the series ago.); but even without this incredible story, it’s still so much damn fun to watch the characters just do whatever.

pikkon OG Uberman    21 March 2012 12:43 AM

I have to agree the filler is terrible…but Shippuden has constantly kept my interest from the very beginning. I think the biggest thing that keeps me coming back is Naruto himself. He grew up in isolation (with no parents) in a place where no one respected or liked him. He was constantly the source of ridicule by his peers and adults treated him as if he had the plague(and in most cases hated and feared him). Despite everything that fate has allotted him, he overcame it. He now has the admiration of everyone in the leaf and is hailed as a hero. He well on his way to reaching that goal that seemed so ridiculous at the beginning of the series.

If you haven’t seen the Pain arc you’re really doing yourself a discredit.

Looking forward to the inevitable clash between Uchiha and Uzumaki.

Signature 

Mike R