Sign In or Register

Hype Up Forums | The Bug/Request Thread

1 of 6

The Bug/Request Thread  

Random The Chief    01 September 2011 09:06 PM

If you find a bug on the site, something doesn’t work, looks weird, etc, please post it here so I can better keep track of and squash the bugs. Post a screenshot if needed/possible.

You can also feel free to give any requests or ideas for the site, but lets try not to get too crazy, we just launched today. happy

dancingpuppet Tea & Biscuits Brigade    01 September 2011 10:57 PM

I’m not sure PMs work properly, or if they do the system is a bit confusing at the moment. I sent 2 PMs yesterday and now there’s a red (2) next to mail. If the 2 refers to the messages I sent to you and damien it doesn’t make much sense, if it refers to actual replies I can’t see them.

Other than that there’s the other problem I mentioned yesterday, with pages randomly switching between mobile version and full version of the site.

As for screenshots, is there going to be a place on the site where we can upload pics à la Facebook or do we have to upload pics somewhere else first? I mean when members start submitting their own content in the user news section.

Signature 

Random The Chief    01 September 2011 11:28 PM

I’m not sure PMs work properly, or if they do the system is a bit confusing at the moment. I sent 2 PMs yesterday and now there’s a red (2) next to mail. If the 2 refers to the messages I sent to you and damien it doesn’t make much sense, if it refers to actual replies I can’t see them.

The 2 is unread messages in your inbox. If you don’t have two unread messages in your inbox but you have a 2 there, then that’s odd. Check again and if that’s the case I can log into your account if that’s ok with you and take a look. I haven’t seen this occur before.

Other than that there’s the other problem I mentioned yesterday, with pages randomly switching between mobile version and full version of the site.

Some of the message pages, and other profile stuff isn’t setup for mobile yet. Stuff like confirmation pages. If there’s any specific ones you’ve found let me know and I’ll address them. This should be sorted out over the next few days.

As for screenshots, is there going to be a place on the site where we can upload pics à la Facebook or do we have to upload pics somewhere else first? I mean when members start submitting their own content in the user news section.

If you check the submit page there’s an image upload area where you can upload screenshots.

Damien Mind DEY Brap    01 September 2011 11:28 PM

I feel all special that there’s a bug that’s just for me :}

Signature 

Random The Chief    01 September 2011 11:42 PM

By the way Damien I fixed the images stretching the mobile layout.

dancingpuppet Tea & Biscuits Brigade    02 September 2011 12:07 AM

Submit page doesn’t show up in mobile version. Shame I won’t have access to a computer in the next few days, would have liked to help.

When I check my inbox it says that I have no message in there, but that might be something due to mobile version again. Feel free to get into my account to check, it’s not like I have anything supAr sekret in my mailbox :p

Earlier as I was reading some of the news pages they didn’t show up in mobile version. It’s a bit random as some do and some don’t but there doesn’t seem to be any logic to the way they’re displayed as I always access them from the mobile version of the main page.

Edit: actually, seems like it’s always just images stretching pages, like in the 3DS and modern warfare 3 news.

Edited: 02 September 2011 12:16 AM by dancingpuppet

Signature 

Random The Chief    02 September 2011 12:46 AM

The mobile layout should be a bit more stable now. I’m going to check on your mailbox problem next.

Random The Chief    02 September 2011 01:01 AM

Ok dancingpuppet, your mailbox is fixed. There was a mistake in the link to the mailbox on the menu. happy Oops.

Arthellinus doom pie pie    02 September 2011 01:32 AM

Can we just have the fast reply box show instead of having to click the button every time?

Also, 50 posts per page option. :O

Damien Mind DEY Brap    02 September 2011 01:33 AM

^ This

Also, I keep forgetting to uncheck the email notification box and end up with emails cry

Signature 

Random The Chief    02 September 2011 01:40 AM

@dancingpuppet I’ll setup a mobile compatible submit page.

@Doom Both these should be doable.

@Damien it’s next on my list.

Arthellinus doom pie pie    02 September 2011 02:18 AM

A Who’s Online would be nice as well. happy

dancingpuppet Tea & Biscuits Brigade    02 September 2011 02:21 AM

what doom said, + something to make navigation easier between threads on mobile version would be useful. scrolling back up to the top of the page to click the forum button is a bit tedious, and just being able to select the previous or next thread at the bottom is not ideal. it would be nice to have a button to go back to GC or GD at the bottom of pages or something like that shock

Signature 

Random The Chief    02 September 2011 02:29 AM

Who’s online is coming, I just haven’t decided where to put it yet.

I’ll be cleaning up the navigation on the mobile site more over the next few days. I’ll see if I can do a quick jump or something.

Cybernetic Empire The Winrar    02 September 2011 06:35 AM

I like the layout of the news stories/previews.  I really like the scrolling screen shot media at the top but am wondering if you can make it so the image clicked on pops out and enlarges on the current page rather than takes you to a new one with said image.

Random The Chief    02 September 2011 06:37 AM

CE: Yeah, it’s supposed to be doing that already but it seems to be broken. I’ll fix it up.

BokkenMonkey Dr. Rotcod    02 September 2011 07:45 AM

When you click “Submit post” you can’t really tell if it’s doing anything until you click again and get sent to fail land.

Also: time zones, mebbe?  It ain’t 7:44 am in New York.

...and when I click “News” from the forums the page just loads forever.

Edited: 02 September 2011 07:55 AM by BokkenMonkey

Signature 

Buy something the RDM wrote
Or buy it somewhere else

Arthellinus doom pie pie    02 September 2011 08:06 AM

Localization settings in your profile, nub.

Also, I still see a 6000 character limit on posts.

Edited: 02 September 2011 08:28 AM by Arthellinus
Random The Chief    02 September 2011 05:49 PM

Yeah I’m not sure whats up with that 6000, but I’ll check into it.

Damien Mind DEY Brap    02 September 2011 06:09 PM

I totally need more than 6000 characters for my replies.

Signature 

Arthellinus doom pie pie    03 September 2011 01:34 AM

Haha, I’m just saying.

1 of 6